But before he becomes even more famous, here are a few facts you may not know about him.
1. Jung did not plan to study acting. He wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a television news anchorman, so he studied broadcasting at the Seoul Institute of the Arts, before transferring to the Theater and Film Department of Hanyang University.
2. He’s secretly a member of F4. Well, not really but he pals around with two actors who played F4 members in “Boys Over Flowers.” He went to high school with Lee Min Ho, who played Goo Jun Pyo, and is good friends with actor Kim Beom, who played So Yi Jung. In high school, Jung Il Woo and Lee Min Ho were part of a group of good-looking guys not unlike F4.
In 2006, the two friends were in a car accident that resulted in serious injuries.
“We’ve known each other since we were kids,” said Jung of Lee Min Ho. “But then we were in a life-and-death situation together, so now we’re friends who’ve hovered close to the afterlife together.”
Jung refers to Kim Beom, his “Unstoppable High Kick” co-star as being like a younger brother.
“When I was having rough times, he was there for me, and when he had troubles, I was there for him,” said Jung. “We’ve known each other for five years now. We sometimes go to each other’s houses and hang out, and we go to saunas together too. He’s a really dear friend to me.”
3. Jung Il Woo is really frank, whether he is talking about ratings, something most actors claim they don’t care about, or his dating style. He admits that he likes to say what he feels but that doesn’t mean some of his statements don’t embarrass him.
“When I am in a relationship I tend to get passionate fast, then cool down fast,” he said when asked about his dating style. “But my relationships and dating style do change every year. I wish I could take back what I said before.”
4. Although he kayaked and hiked on the show “One More Time: Ready Action,” his own hobbies are not so action oriented. He likes to watch films and write online reviews, go shopping and hang out with friends.
5. His favorite foods are cake and satay, although his favorite breakfast food is traditional doenjang soup with tofu and vegetables.
“My mother cooks it deliciously,” said Jung. “If my future wife doesn’t know how to cook, it I can teach her.”
While his female fans may be pleased to learn that no kitchen skills are required for the real-life role of Jung Il Woo’s wife, he says he has no plans to marry until he is 30.